All ages to be calculated from 1st August 2020 (1st day of camp with no exceptions for birthdays during camp)
- Staff or Leader being any person aged 18 or above (DOB before Aug 1st 2002)
- Scout (or Guide) being any person above 10 and under 14.5 (DOB after Feb 1st 2006 and before Aug 1st 2010)
- Explorer (or Ranger) being any person above 14 and under 18 (DOB after Aug 1st 2002 and before Aug 1st 2006)
- Child being any person from Birth to under 10 (DOB after 1st Aug 2010)
On a case by case basis, exceptions may be allowed to the above definitions. It should not be assumed that permission will be given for any such exceptions. Special consideration may be given where internationals have different age groupings or where specific attendees exceed the age ranges due to reasons of inclusivity.
- Whilst being mindful of individual circumstances, the Policy of Durham 2020 is that all Deposits and Payments are Non-Refundable.
- The camp will however entertain replacement participants in the event that a particular person is unable to attend. These alterations will be dealt with on an individual basis and it should not be assumed that all requests for alterations of personnel will be sanctioned. In particular last minute replacements will not be allowed.
- In respect of those persons who have paid the full amount who are unable to attend and are unable to find a replacement the camp will consider requests for refunds but these will again be dealt with on an individual basis after the camp has finished, and only if there are sufficient funds available to make the payment.
General Booking Conditions and Terms
- General Booking Conditions and General Terms.
- Durham 2020 is organised on behalf of Durham Scout County.
- Durham 2020 is run in accordance with the UK Scout Associations Policy, Organisation and Rules (POR). All participants, leaders and staff will be required to comply with these Policies, Rules and Instructions.
- Actions of any Participant, Leader or member of Staff which breaches the UK Scout Associations Policy, Organisation and Rules (POR) or any behaviour which is likely to cause offence, nuisance, damage or criminal damage, injury or bring The Scout Association or Durham 2020 into disrepute will be addressed by the Camp Director who will decide an appropriate course of action. Among other sanctions, this may include a request to leave the event, in which case, costs incurred following a request to leave the camp shall be the responsibility of the individual or camping unit.
- The Organisers of Durham 2020 retain the right to amend, alter or vary the advertised/promised programme without being obliged to give a refund of all or any part of the fee.
- The Leaders and Staff who are Scout Members 18 or over must be able to provide their DBS valid until the last day of the camp. International Leaders and Staff must comply with equivalent Child Protection / Safeguarding requirements of their home country and when requested, present evidence to the Camp Organisers.
- Participants, leaders and staff attending Durham 2020 shall not undertake trade or commercial activities on site without prior written permission of the Camp Director.
- Fees paid at any time to the camp during the booking process are non-refundable except in accordance with the cancellation policy. Cancellation Policy can be viewed on the Camp Website.
- In the unlikely event that Durham 2020 is cancelled due to circumstances beyond the control of the Organisers or the Scout County, money will be refunded to the extent that money has not already been expended or committed to be spent. This may mean that no fees can be refunded, as such Camping Groups and individuals are therefore to be encouraged to take out appropriate adequate insurance for this eventuality.
- Camp Fees excludes all food, travel to and from the event, the provision of personal or unit equipment including camping equipment, or insurance of personal or unit equipment