Update on Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Last updated: 12/03/2020

We continue to closely monitor the situation around Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are continuing with our planning for Durham 2020 and at this stage, we are planning to go ahead with the Jamboree. The safety of everyone is our number one priority and we will keep this under constant review and follow the advice of the UK Government.

The next instalment for our main Jamboree experience, of £50 per participant, is due at the end of March. Given the current uncertainty, we have extended this deadline until the end of April 2020 when the situation in the UK will be clearer. Along with this, and mindful of our refund policy, we will be delaying as many financial commitments as possible until the end of April. This ensures that if we do need to cancel, refunds will be maximised.

We are aware that several other UK Jamborees have decided to cancel or postpone their events. As a result, we have received a significant number of enquiries from groups who wish to now attend Durham 2020. Unfortunately, at this stage, we are not going to be able to accommodate everyone and so we have suspended online bookings. Instead, groups can now register to join a waiting list and at the end of March 2020, we’ll allocate our remaining places. We’ll do this by prioritising groups from Durham and then randomly selecting other groups to fill the remaining places.

Thank you for your continued support and thank you to all our volunteers who are continuing to plan Durham 2020 under such uncertainty.

Ian Hammond
Event Director – Durham 2020