We're welcoming groups from around the world!
Hola, Bonjour, Ciao! We’re planning a fantastic international Jamboree in Durham during the summer of 2020 and would love you to join us. Were in the North East of England, an area of outstanding beauty with a history of mining and farming heritage and our own world heritage site the Durham Cathedral and Castle.
We’ve got a life changing adventure planned for those aged between 10 and 18 years old. Everyone will be immersed in our 7 night, 8 day Jamboree experience that will have a real buzz, a great range of activities and languages from around the world:
- Join one of our five sub-camp communities which will be your home for the week. Get to know your neighbours and why not even invite them to dinner?
- Experience the spectacle of our opening and closing ceremonies on our main stage.
- Take part in 6 days of exciting and adventurous activities – from the very latest attractions from around the UK to the best Scouting activities available. Well also be whisking you off-site for two days for a great off-site adventure.
- If you’re aged 14-18, your own exclusive and secret programme on the Thursday.
- A great variety of evening entertainment, from parties, to campfires, to films well have it all!
- Soak up the atmosphere in the village centre visit the cafe, the shops and the entertainment venues.
We’ll be supporting international groups to attend in whatever way we can:
- Our dedicated international team will help answer any questions in the run up to the event
- Transfers from Newcastle or Durham Tees Valley airports or Durham or Darlington train stations
- Giving you the option of joining a host group who will cater for you during the week (for an additional fee)
- Arranging transport within the UK
- Help with any visa or immigration issues you might experience
- Organising Home Hospitality or helping you plan further time in the UK
- Organising an array of international events during the Jamboree
- Well be announcing more details and prices in summer 2018. In the meantime, why not join our mailing list so that you’re the first to hear about all the latest news.